How We Can Help
How Home-Start Herefordshire can help you and your family
Being a parent is not an easy straight forward job. Most parents need somebody to talk too and share experiences and challenges with – just being able to talk to someone about their feelings and concerns. Having somebody who has time to sit and listen, who will empathise whilst offer support and guidance. Preferably somebody who has been there and survived. This is the job of our dedicated volunteers.
Home-Start volunteers come from all walks of life and have a wealth of parenting experience. They offer a mixture of practical help and emotional support.
Volunteers usually visit once a week for 2 to 3 hours. You decide how to use that time.
You may need…
- Someone to talk to who won’t judge you and will be confidential.
- Someone to help if you need to go out and about.
- Someone to help you make or keep medical appointments.
- Someone to help you with other services that are available to your family.
- Someone to help and encourage your family to move forward and gain confidence
- Someone to help you put new strategies in place for a brighter future.
- Home-Start Herefordshire volunteers are not babysitters, home helps or trained counsellors.
- Volunteers will initially visit for 12 weeks after which your family circumstances will be reassessed.
All Home-Start volunteers are fully trained and carefully matched to families.
Home-Start Herefordshire run groups for families, in Kington, and Ross-on-Wye. These groups can be accessed by Home-Start Herefordshire Families.