Other Volunteer Roles
Becoming a Trustee
A Home-Start Trustee is a volunteer who sits on the board of a local Home-Start Scheme.
The Trustees are responsible for:-
- The effective governance of the scheme including funding, insurance and premises.
- Implementing good practice and procedures in employing and supervising staff.
- Ensuring all policies are adhered to.
- Providing vision, leadership and direction.
- Monitoring and evaluating the scheme’s work on a day to day basis.
Being a trustee can be hard work but also very rewarding, giving many opportunities for personal development and the chance to give something back to the local community. Click here to find out more about the role of a trustee.
Becoming a Fundraiser
All Volunteers are able to become fundraisers. There are many different and original ways of raising money for the scheme:- Holding an evening party or event, a coffee morning, a sponsored walk or activity. One of our annual events is ‘The Big Tea Party ‘ which is a National event and is always very popular.