Supporting Our Work
Calling all Local businesses.
A local Trust in the county has agreed to match fund Pound for pound a minimum of £500 up to £10,000 to support the work and service a local charity provides for the county. Home-Start Herefordshire is the charity who will benefit from this offer but we need a local business, sponsor or supporter to step up. Home-Start Herefordshire recruit and train their volunteers to a high standard to provide one to one support for families with children 0-19 who are experiencing tough times due to a variety of reasons. The reasons could be:- child’s behaviour, depression, mental illness, abuse, bereavement and redundancy to name but a few. The trust has recognised the great work Home-Start does in guiding and supporting fragile, vulnerable and in some cases hard to reach families. The trust is willing to match fund and are looking for another business who can see how the county benefits from this local charity. Please contact 01432 371212 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you or your business is in a position to help.
How YOU can make a real difference
By supporting Home-Start Herefordshire YOU really are making a difference to local families, helping them to give their children the best start in life.
Although family life can be fulfilling and rewarding for many parents it is equally difficult and challenging. The many problems that life can throw at us can simply be overwhelming and difficult to cope with. With your help Home-Start can continue to provide a lifeline to help parents cope, enabling them to provide a safe and happy environment for their children.
As an independent charity Home-Start relies upon donations from groups, companies and individuals, as well as funding through charitable trusts & statutory agencies to continue this vital work.
Examples of how YOUR donation could help are:
- £25 will buy the materials needed to train a new volunteer
- £100 will cover the cost of training a new volunteer
- £1000 will support a family for a year.
- £10,000 will run a family group (for one year) supporting up to 15 families
There are many ways in which you can support Home-Start Herefordshire
- Give a little of your time. We are always looking for new home visiting volunteers or you could join the trustee board or our fundraising group.
- Encourage your parish/ school etc to consider Home-Start Herefordshire when they are choosing charities to support
- Attend our fundraising events.
- Hold a fundraiser of your own either by yourself, with a friend or through a local group e.g. cake stall, sponsored walk/ toddlers toddle, wear your pyjamas to work day.
- Become a friend and gift a regular donation for the amount of your choice.
Don’t forget to make your donation the gift that works harder!
If you are a tax payer you can Gift Aid your donation giving us an extra 28p per £1.