Do You Need Support ?
How Home-Start Can Help You
Do You Need Support?
We believe that talking to a person is one of the best ways of finding out about our service. So in most cases we recommend that you speak to us if there is anything you want to know.
We offer support to families living in Herefordshire who are facing difficulties and have at least one child between 0-19
As a parent you may ask for Home-Start Herefordshire’s help for all sorts of reasons…
- You may be feeling lonely and isolated.
- You may not know where to go for the help and services you need for your family.
- You may be feeling low and depressed following the birth of a baby.
- You may have concerns about your own or your child’s health.
- You may be worried about your child’s behaviour or progress.
- You may have money problems.
- You may simply be exhausted from coping with several young children.
- You may be struggling with your own or your child’s mental health.
- You may be or have been affected by addiction or abuse of some kind
Whatever the reason we understand that being a parent isn’t always easy!
How can we support you?
We offer the help that you need to suit your family and situation.
We give an initial 12 visits across 12 weeks after which point we reassess your circumstances. You and your family can be sure that once you have asked for Home-Start’s Herefordshire’s help you will receive a confidential service.
We carefully match fully trained and DBS checked volunteers to visit families within their own home. The volunteer will visit once a week for 2-3 hours to offer support.
We receive referrals from a wide variety of people and places, e.g.: health visitors, social workers, children’s centres, schools and doctors. There is no stigma attached to Home-Start’s help – the fact that almost a quarter of our referrals come from families themselves is proof of that.
Give us a call on 01432 371212 at our office in Hereford during office hours to talk directly to one of our organisers or you can leave a message on our answer phone leaving your phone number and address (confidentially) so that we can get back to you. Suite 1, Unit 1, Lakeside Offices, Thorn Business Park, Rotherwas, Hereford, HR2 6JT or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What will happen next?
Once you have contacted us and asked for our help one of our organisers will contact you and arrange to visit you at home to discuss if and how we can help.
Still not sure?
Why not read about some of the experiences of families Home-Start Herefordshire has supported in their own stories in our ‘What our families say’ section.